– Elizabeth Gilbert (of Eat, Pray, Love.) struck a cord with me with this TED talk on success, failure and the drive to keep creating. My favorite quote? “I’m not going to quit. I’m going home.” via Swissmiss.
– Drooool…gorgeous furniture by Greg Klassen made from my favorite material (old wood) and glass. via Alyssa Renee.
– I’m putting this stained wood wall on my want/to-do list for our next home. via A Beautiful Mess
– Emily Jeffords has some excellent advice for new artists. My favorite is from Rachel T Robinson. But really, all 3 parts to her Artist-to-Artist series are good.
– I also loved this post about sticking to your health and fitness plan. It’s a constant struggle for me. Also, add me as a friend on Fitbit! I need all the encouragement I can get! (briannalland[at]gmail.com)
Well hellooo there! I’m not sure how long it has been but I do know that it’s been so long that my hosting expired and I lost all my old content. Ooops.
Anyway…look what I did to this old sofa table my mom gave me! My obsession with old wood continues and I have a few other things in the works including a rad coffee table that is being listed on Etsy within the next few days. Take a look at my photos up top for a sneak peek at that table.
This table that I gave a makeover to was given to me and I’ve had the idea in my head for the longest time. I finally got around to doing it (since I’m currently unemployed…). I found the old wood from a salvage yard here in Houston. I took all they had because I’ve had a hard time finding thin wood that wasn’t tongue and groove. The guy I bought it from said it was taken from an old house in River Oaks. If you aren’t familiar with River Oaks it’s synonymous with “where the rich folks live.”
Here is the before. I promise I didn’t try to take a crappy picture just to make the finished product look better. Pretty fugly, right?
And here are a few after shots.
And here’s another in it’s natural habitat. What do you think?